Lunar Chronicles author Marissa Meyer has announced the 2nd creativity contest for a chance to win an Advance Reader’s Copy of Cress, the 3rd book in the series.
Similar to last year’s Flag Design Contest, I’m asking you to create a symbol that represents the country of Luna. The Lunar insignia is used on political documentation, is painted on royal spacecrafts, appears on the doors to the queen’s throne room, and other neat official things like that.
– You may only enter one design.
– The design can be made using any media—crayons, paint, fabric, glitter glue, high-tech graphic design software . . . the choice is yours. Have fun with it!
– Finalists will be chosen based on originality, apparent effort, and how well Luna and the Lunars are represented.
– Artwork must be entirely your own. Please do not use copyrighted images.
– By entering this contest, you are giving me permission to use your design for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting it on my blog, web site, newsletter, and social networking pages, and printing it on promotional items. You retain all other rights to the work.
– Open internationally!
– All entries must be received by midnight PST on Sunday, November 3, to be eligible.
1. Design your Lunar Insignia.
2. Post your design on a public web site, such as your deviantART page, blog, Pinterest board, Tumblr, or public Facebook wall. (That said, please use Facebook only as a last resort, as it makes it difficult to capture and share images.) I suggest that you explain how you arrived at your design, but it’s not necessary.
4. Optional: Include a link to my web site, so your friends, family, and followers can find more information about the books: http://www.marissameyer.com/books
5. Go to http://www.marissameyer.com/connect and fill out the “Contact Marissa” form with your name, email address, and a link to your design. Do this before midnight PST on Sunday, November 3!
Go to Marissa Meyer’s blog for a few ideas on insignias.